Sejak 2017 aku mulai mengamati relasiku dengan dunia sosial media.
Kuamati orang memposting foto yang bernuansa kebahagiaan, menunjukkan kemampuan, pencapaian, keseharian yang menyenangkan, keluarga yang lengkap dan bahagia.
Aku pun jadi merasa perlu dan tergoda dan terpanggil untuk mengepost yang sama, namun apa yang orang punya, tidak selalu aku punya, yang orang dapatkan juga tidak selalu aku dapatkan (meski sudah berusaha dengan susah payah)
Ya namanya juga hidup.
Kadangkala, muncul pertanyaan yang secara tidak sengaja mampir
“why do they have that, why don’t I?”
“what is my achievement so far, am I dumb enough?”
“ohh..may be I am not lucky enough or I need to work again and optimize my effort.”
But in the end “ya memang bukan rejekinya.”
The last one is my strongest mantra when such questions hit me up.
I believe that we are not luckier than any other, as well as we are not poorer than any other. Everything has been planned by God. What other people have experienced and got, have been destined and nothing to do with our worthiness.
Thinking such thoughts made me deactivate my Instagram for a while. It just turned out I couldn't open my Instagram account for almost one year. But I don't know why, by deactivating my Instagram for a while I was free from pressure that I made myself by seeing what other people share.
And there is a person whom I know has incredible life, shares her vulnerabilities about what she feel when opening one social media platform. She feels that other people's posts such as life achievements had affected her negatively, reduce her self confidence, so she needs some breaks. Yes, it is not her faults nor her friends'.
And one question comes up,
If people post photos or show or portray themselves in the social media in a certain way, and we are aroused to show the same, and we sometimes negatively affected by other people’s post, is it a cycle that we will always experience?
How if we just break the cycle?
How if we always have aims before posting anything such as
- give the benefits for others
- share new knowledge for others
- express ourselves
- inform something important for others
- entertain others
- invite others to do something good together
- connect the unconnected
- share events
And all the things should be done without having intention to impress other people, so that we wouldn't have to worry by developing curiosity how other perceive our posts.
How if we honestly live in the real life and just use social media with certain aims? So, not every single moment in our lives need to be shared. There are some parts of our lives that has nothing to do with other people's lives.
By having such aims, the intentions of the post would be clear, people will get the points, people would get some benefits from what we share. People would be less negatively affected and stop to create their own pressures to become as successful as others.
It is true that for anything we share, if other people feel bad because of it, it is not our business, it is just their responsibilities towards themselves, towards their feelings. But personally I can never be ignorance if my posts negatively affect others. It is my responsibility too, to help them to not create pressure on their lives anymore because of my post. So since I realized all of that, I decided to watch my intentions and aims before posting anything in any social media.
Haha, that are just my random thoughts.
I pour this into writing just to make myself living honestly and increase my self awareness.
Komentar
Posting Komentar